This privacy notice discloses the privacy practices for www.lawtutors.com and www.lawtutors.net. This privacy notice applies solely to information collected by this website. It will notify you of the following:
1. What personally identifiable information is collected from you through the website, how it is used and with whom it may be shared.
2. What choices are available to you regarding the use of your data.
3. The security procedures in place to protect the misuse of your information.
4. How you can correct any inaccuracies in the information.
Information Collection, Use, and Sharing
We are the sole owners of your personal information collected on this site. We only have access to/collect information that personally identifies you that you voluntarily give us via email or other direct contact from you, for example when you fill out a registration form. We will not sell or rent this information to anyone.
We will use your information to respond to you, regarding the reason you contacted us. We will not share this information with any third party outside of our organization, other than as necessary to fulfill your request.
Your Access to and Control Over Information
You may opt out of any future contacts from us at any time. You can do the following at any time by contacting us via the email address or phone number given on our website:
• See what data we have about you, if any.
• Change/correct any data we have about you.
• Have us delete any data we have about you.
• Express any concern you have about our use of your data.
We take precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information via the website, your information is protected both online and offline.
Wherever we collect sensitive information (such as credit card data), that information is encrypted and transmitted to us in a secure way.
While we use encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online, we also protect your information offline. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, billing or customer service) are granted access to personally identifiable information. The computers/servers in which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment.
We use “cookies” on this site. A cookie is a piece of data stored on a site visitor’s hard drive to help us improve your access to our site and identify repeat visitors to our site. For instance, when we use a cookie to identify you, you would not have to log in a password more than once, thereby saving time while on our site. Cookies can also enable us to track and target the interests of our users to enhance the experience on our site. Usage of a cookie is in no way linked to any personally identifiable information on our site.
We and service providers acting on our behalf, like Google Analytics, store and log files and use tracking technologies such as:
• Cookies, which are small pieces of data transferred to your mobile device or computer for record-keeping purposes;
• web beacons, which let us know if a certain page was visited and whether an email was opened;
• tracking pixels, which allow us or our advertising partners to advertise more efficiently and effectively.
We and our service providers use these log files, tags, and tracking technologies to collect and analyze certain kinds of technical information. These may include:
• IP addresses;
• the type of computer or mobile device you are using;
• your operating system version;
• your mobile device’s identifiers, like your MAC address, Identifier for Advertising (IDFA), and/or Mobile Equipment Identity (IMEI);
• your browser types;
• the number of clicks on a page or feature
• domain names
• landing pages
• pages viewed and the order of those pages;
• the amount of time spent on particular pages; and
• date and time of activity on our website
In some cases, we will connect this information with your social network ID.
Pixels helps us measure the return on investment of Facebook Ads by reporting on the actions people take after viewing those ads. We use pixels to record information about the way visitors use our website. This pixel records information about the user’s browser session, which it sends to Facebook, along with a hashed version of the Facebook ID and the URL viewed. We do not have access to information that would make you identifiable to us as we cannot see the personal data of any individual user. Facebook is able to connect the data collected with your Facebook account and use the date for their own advertising purposes, in accordance with Facebook’s Data Use Policy found under: https://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/. You can use the following link to help you opt out of remarking pixels and technologies: http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices.
This website contains links to other sites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of any other site that collects personally identifiable information.
Surveys & Information Forms
From time-to-time our site requests information via surveys or information forms. Participation in these surveys or forms is completely voluntary and you may choose whether or not to participate and therefore disclose this information. Information requested may include contact information (such as name and shipping address), and demographic information (such as zip code, year in law school, where a person is taking the bar exam, courses a student is taking). Contact information will be used to contact individuals who inquire into our courses or about our materials. Survey information will be used for purposes of monitoring or improving the use and satisfaction of this site.