Geography and busy schedules can make attending regularly scheduled tutoring sessions and small group review extremely difficult. For students unable to attend a scheduled location, LawTutors offers both ?online tutoring? and a LawTutors Home Study program with your personalized Attorney Instructor. This form of distance learning enables students to study for the LSAT, law school exams, the MPRE, and the Bar Exam on their own schedule while enjoying the privilege of a personal tutor. Our working students and student from distant states find that the online program with a personalized Attorney Instructor combined with LawTutors Home Study provides them with the flexibility they need while still enabling them to enjoy the advantages of personal one-on-one tutoring.
For guidance and structure, your Attorney Instructor will provide a schedule for you and adjust it periodically to meet your individual changing needs. Your Attorney Instructor will monitor your progress and provide guidelines including assignments and references to the course materials, your own textbooks, and practice methods intended to apply and reinforce the concepts discussed with your Attorney Instructor.
What it Covers:
You should meet with your Attorney Instructor in person when you can, but why should you have to sit there and watch while he/she reviews your stuff while you could be somewhere else studying? Your Attorney Instructor can do on his/her own without charging the one-on-one rates for in-person meetings.
- Time to review students? essays
- Answering questions/problems via e-mail and phone
- Relaying comments, model answer, and ideas.
- Significant time spend amending or creating a schedule.
What they won?t charge for:
- Their own review and preparation for the subject matter.
- Answering simple questions that take less than 5 minutes
- Administrative e-mails/calls [i.e. change in date/time of meeting, etc.]
How you are ensured accuracy:
- Your Attorney Instructors have entirely different time sheets for this service that must be kept daily.
Billing is every 6 minutes. They must do this by recording your time spent/hour in 10 increments. They must give description of what THEY did in the ?description? section.
- They must get YOUR approval each week of how much ?outside? time is permitted in hours/week and record this on top of the time sheet.
- You will initial each hour spent outside of regular face-to-face tutoring after reviewing the time sheets for accuracy.