Terms of Service
STUDENT TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- PAYMENT FOR SERVICES
- 24 hours notice is required prior to the cancellation of a LAWTUTORS session. Failure to provide 24 hours notice will result in a charge of one (1) hour.
- Payment must be received before initial session. This means full payment if you have purchased a package, or a down payment of three (3) hours.
- Compensation will be paid directly to LAWTUTORS and NOT to your Attorney Instructor
- Students will be billed for both time spent with Attorney Instructor, and time that Attorney Instructor spends reviewing assignments and writing, as requested by student.
- Students will be invoiced every two weeks
- Students are responsible to keep track of hours that they purchase and use with their instructor. It is not the instructor’s responsibility to keep track of how many hours have been used. Students may always inquire as to their remaining balance, by contacting the LawTutor’s office manager,Samantha@lawtutors.net, but it is ultimately student’s responsibility to keep track of their remaining balance.
- PAYMENT METHOD
- Student agrees to pay the following one time materials fee.
- Materials are mandatory for all students, unless otherwise approved and waived, in writing, by President Tania N. Shah.
- All Materials are the intellectual property of either LawTutors, LLC or Aspen Publishing, and subject to all United State’s Copyright Laws.
- If a student purchases a package, or meets with a LawTutor’s Attorney Instructor for a minimum of 10 hours, students receive a discount on all Aspen Publishing materials, including textbooks.
- REFERRAL FEES. Any STUDENT with a successful referral to LawTutors will receive a $10.00 per student credit toward their LawTutors account for up to $100 of credit per semester.
- TERMS OF SERVICES.
- Sessions. 1.5-hour suggested minimum unless otherwise specified. LAWTUTORS will work with STUDENT’S schedule. Sessions are held on a consistent basis, subject to STUDENT’S and ATTORNEY INSTRUCTOR availability
- Review Time:
- If STUDENT wishes their ATTORNEY INSTRUCTOR to review their essays or other work outside of their tutoring session, this will be charged at the applicable hourly rate.
- Student Schedule:
- During the initial session with your ATTORNEY INSTRUCTORS, LAWTUTORS will develop and tailor a study schedule for each STUDENT. This is mandatory for all STUDENTS.
- The session will include addressing subject areas which need to be addressed, areas of weakness, i.e. multiple-choice questions, essay writing, outlining, exam preparation, etc.
- STUDENT will be charged at the applicable hourly rate for both the time spent with the ATTORNEY INSTRUCTOR in obtaining this information from STUDENT and the time involved in creating a student-specific study schedule, tailored to the individual needs of STUDENT.
- Any additions or changes, after the initial schedule is created, to the students schedule will be done during subsequent tutoring sessions.
- Up to one month prior to the first day of seminars, students may obtain a 100% refund if they decide not to take the course.
- After one month, but up to two weeks prior to the first day of seminars, students may obtain a 50% refund if they decide not to take the course.
- After two weeks prior to the first day of seminars, no refunds are available.
- For a 20 hour package, a student may be refunded no more than 5 paid unused hours (Free hours that come with the package are never refunded)
- For a 10 hour package, a student may not be refunded any hours.
Students may pay by either Check, Credit Card or Cash. Payments must be made to the LawTutors’ Main Office, in Brookline, MA either in person or by mail.
Assignments (including editing papers, reviewing outlines, etc) requiring a turnaround time of 24 hours or less will be billed at a rate of time and a half